NVIDIA Jetson TX2 is an embedded system-on-module (SoM) with dual-core NVIDIA Denver2 + quad-core ARM Cortex-A57, 8GB 128-bit LPDDR4 and integrated 256-core Pascal GPU.
Useful for deploying computer vision and deep learning, Jetson TX2 runs Linux and provides greater than 1TFLOPS of FP16 compute performance in less than 7.5 watts of power.
Parallel ForAll — NVIDIA Jetson TX2 Delivers Twice the Intelligence to the Edge
- 1 Jetson TX2 Module
- 2 Jetson TX2 Developer Kit
- 3 Platform Documentation
- 4 Guides and Tutorials
- 5 Ecosystem Products
- 6 Getting Help
Jetson TX2 Module
The Jetson TX2 module contains all the active processing components. The ports are broken out through a carrier board.
Below is a partial list of the module's features. Please see the Jetson TX2 Module Datasheet for the complete specifications.
- dual-core NVIDIA Denver2 + quad-core ARM Cortex-A57
- 256-core Pascal GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4, 128-bit interface
- 32GB eMMC
- 4kp60 H.264/H.265 encoder & decoder
- Dual ISPs (Image Signal Processors)
- 1.4 gigapixel/sec MIPI CSI camera ingest
Ports & Peripherals
- HDMI 2.0
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 867Mbps WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.1
- USB3, USB2
- 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet
- 12 lanes MIPI CSI 2.0, 2.5 Gb/sec per lane
- PCIe gen 2.0, 1×4 + 1×1 or 2×1 + 1×2
- SATA, SDcard
- dual CAN bus
- UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, GPIOs
- 400-pin Samtec board-to-board connector
- dimensions: 50x87mm (1.96" x 3.42")
- Thermal Transfer Plate (TTP), -25C to 80C operating temperature
- mass: 85 grams, including TTP
- 5.5-19.6VDC input power (consuming 7.5W under typical load)
- JetPack 4.2.2
- Linux4Tegra R32.2.1 (L4T)
- Linux kernel 4.9
- Ubuntu 18.04 aarch64
- CUDA Toolkit 10.0.326
- cuDNN 7.5.0
- TensorRT 5.1.6
- TensorFlow 1.14.0
- VisionWorks 1.6
- OpenCV 3.3.1
- OpenGL 4.6 / OpenGL ES 3.2.5
- Vulkan 1.1.1
- L4T Multimedia API (Argus 0.97)
- GStreamer 1.14.1
- V4L2 media controller support
- NVIDIA Nsight Systems 2019.4
- NVIDIA Nsight Graphics 2019.2
- NVIDIA Nsight Compute 1.0
See the Jetson Zoo for more software packages to install on top of JetPack.
Parallel ForAll — JetPack 3.1 Doubles Jetson's Low-Latency Inference Performance
Jetson TX2i Module
There's an extended-temperature variant of the TX2 module available called Jetson TX2i that's intended for industrial environments. It has the same processing capabilities as TX2, with a rugged design.
For more info, see the FAQ "What changes for industrial environments does Jetson TX2i have compared to Jetson TX2?"
Jetson TX2 Developer Kit
The Jetson TX2 Developer Kit bundles together all the parts to get started, including:
- mini-ITX Reference carrier board
- Jetson TX2 Module
- fan and heatsink (pre-assembled)
- 5MP CSI camera module (with Omnivision OV5693)
- WiFi/BT antennas
- USB OTG adapter
- 19VDC Power brick
- AC Power cable
The design files for the reference carrier board and camera module are freely available for download.
- Get the latest development software for PC and TX2 by using JetPack.
- Plug in an HDMI display into Jetson, attach the antennas and USB keyboard & mouse, and apply power to boot it up. (User Guide)
- Visit the Embedded Developer Zone and Jetson TX2 Developer Forum to access the latest documentation & downloads.
- The devkit is available through NVIDIA's Jetson TX2 Developer Kit webpage.
- The individual module is available through NVIDIA's Jetson TX2 Module webpage.
- Alternatively, use the Region Selector to find distributors of the devkit in your region.
- There's also an Academic Discount available for those affiliated with an educational organization.
NVIDIA has released comprehensive documentation and reference designs for the Jetson TX2 module and devkit.
- Module Datasheet the official module features, ports, signal pin-out, and package specifications.
- Design Guide detailed technical design and layout information for creating OEM products.
- DevKit Carrier Spec design info about the reference carrier board from the devkit.
- DevKit Design Files schematics, layout, and design files for the devkit reference carrier board.
- DevKit CAD Models 3D STEP file for reference carrier board, heatsink, camera board, and module.
- Camera Design Files schematics, layout, and design files for the devkit MIPI CSI-2 camera module.
- Thermal Design Guide mechanical specifications for designing active and passive cooling solutions.
- TX1/TX2 Migration guide to porting applications and hardware between Jetson TX1 and TX2
- Battery Charger Guide document for the design of battery charger
- Tegra X2 (Parker) TRM Technical Reference Manual for NVIDIA TX2 system-on-chip and register data.
- L4T Kernel Docs documentation for L4T kernel developers (including V4L2/camera drivers).
- Multimedia API Reference documentation to Argus camera API and V4L2 media codecs
- Accelerated GStreamer Guide example gstreamer pipelines for accessing H.264/H.265 hardware video codec.
Above is a partial list of documents.
Please visit the Downloads Center at Embedded Developer Zone for the full list that's currently available.
Guides and Tutorials
This section contains recipes for following along on Jetson.
Please see Jetson TX1 Wiki for similar entries that also apply to TX2.
- Cloning & Restore
- Jetson TX2 Build Assistant Scripts
- BSP FAQ
- Factory Images
- Setting the DTB
- Enabling the SPI Port
- Building Kernel and Modules
- Enabling USB on Custom Carriers
- Maximizing RootFS Partition on eMMC
- nvpmodel - dynamic performance profiles
- TX2 GPU support in Docker - script for GPU from within Docker
- Ubuntu Base Minimal footprint (500Mb with OS only) using Ubuntu Base
- Boot from SD card
- Display Driver Debugging r28
- Getting Swift to Run on TX2
- jetson_easy - automatic setup/scripting
- jetson_stats - jtop, service and other tools
- Enabling MCP2515 SPI-CAN Device
- NVIDIA Jetson GitHub (open-source robotics projects with deep learning)
- NVIDIA Redtail GitHub (end-to-end deep learning drone for ROS)
- Jetson Reference Platforms (off-the-shelf robots with TX1/TX2)
- FIRST FRC Configuration (setup guide for FIRST Robotics)
- FIRST FRC Neural Networks (Zebracorns team #900 object tracking)
- ROS for FRC Whitepaper (Zebracorns team #900 Vision GitHub)
- Installing ROS Kinetic (TX2) (JetsonHacks guide)
- Fast SLAM Particle Filter (Accelerated Localization using Raycasting)
- Connecting Pixhawk and TX2 (Autopilot with MAVLink Interface)
- Running MAVROS with TX2 and PixHawk 4 (TX2/ROS setup with MAVLink)
- NVIDIA Two Days to a Demo (DIGITS/TensorRT)
- Caffe (BVLC Model Zoo)
- Caffe2 (github.com/caffe2)
- Deep Visualization Toolbox install script
- TensorFlow install for JetPack 3.1
- TensorFlow post for JetPack 3.0 (JetsonHacks)
- TensorFlow install procedure (pip wheel)
- RidgeRun's GstInference
- RidgeRun's R2Inference
- TensorFlow script and pip wheel for JetPack 3.2 DP
- Torch7 install script
- pyTorch install script
- dusty-nv's Jetson GitHub jetson-inference jetson-reinforcement
- jetson-inference-gv GigEVision / RTP streaming video (Ross Newman)
- jetson-inference-cards (playing card recognition by S4WRXTTCS)
- face-recognition (face detection with TensorRT plugin API by AastaNV)
- ChatBot (TensorFlow→TensorRT inferencing workflow by AastaNV)
- NVIDIA GitHub (open-source robotics/DL projects)
- NVIDIA Redtail (end-to-end deep learning drone for ROS)
- Training a Fish Detector with DetectNet part 1 part 2 (jkjung)
- Hey, Jetson! (Automatic Speech Recognition using CNN/RNN)
- Gstreamer Pipelines for AGX Xavier
- RidgeRun's GstInterpipe (GStreamer plug-in for communication between two or more independent pipelines)
- RidgeRun's GstRRWebRTC (GStreamer plug-in that turns pipelines into WebRTC compliant endpoints)
- RidgeRun's GstRTSPSink (GStreamer element for high performance streaming to multiple computers using the RTSP/RTP protocols)
- RidgeRun's Gstreamer Daemon - GstD (GStreamer framework for controlling audio and video streaming using TCP connection messages)
- RidgeRun's GstCUDA (RidgeRun CUDA ZeroCopy for GStreamer)
- RidgerRun's GstPTZR (GStreamer Pan Tilt Zoom and Rotate Element)
- RidgeRun's GstColorTransfer (GStreamer plug-in that transfers the color scheme from a reference to a target image)
- USB3 - e-con Systems' See3CAM_CU135 was tested on Jetson TX2 with HD (1280X720) @ 46fps and FullHD (1920x1080) @ 36fps in MJPEG (compressed) format, as well as other settings.
- CSI-2 - 6 MIPI CSI-2 Cameras support for Jetson TX2 from e-con Systems
- CSI-2 - 3 MIPI CSI-2 Cameras support for Jetson TX2 from e-con Systems
V4L2 drivers for cameras
- RidgeRun has a list of drivers already supported in Jetson, please check if the driver that you need is already there. Otherwise, RidgeRun offers services to create the driver for you
There are some useful FAQs for Jetson TX2 design, link is here.
The following are 3rd-party carriers, enclosures, expansion boards, and accessories available for Jetson TX2.
Please see additional backwards-compatible Ecosystem Products for TX1.
- Stereolabs ZED Sensors
- Stereolabs Zed 2i RGB Camera ( 2.2K resolution, Up to a 120° Wide-angle field of view, IP66 certified, Up to 35m Depth Range, Full Compatibility with Nvidia Orin/Jetson Xavier NX/AGX/TX2/Nano)
- Stereolabs Zed 2 RGB Camera ( 2.2K resolution, Up to a 120° Wide-angle field of view, Up to 20m Depth Range, Full Compatibility with Nvidia Orin/Jetson Xavier NX/AGX/TX2/Nano)
- Stereolabs Zed Mini RGB Camera ( 2.2K resolution, Up to a 90° Wide-angle field of view, Up to 15m Depth Range, Full Compatibility with Nvidia Orin/Jetson Xavier NX/AGX/TX2/Nano, Specially designed for AR/VR Applications)
- e-con Systems™ NVIDIA Jetson TX2 cameras
- SmarteCAM IP66 rated ready-to-deploy artificial intelligence smart camera with powerful AI processing capabilities with an onboard NVIDIA Jetson TX2 CPU and 256 core GPU which can perform all image processing and analytics indigenously without the connectivity or power of cloud
- e-con Systems™ 3D MIPI Stereo camera for NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Xavier™/TX2
- e-con Systems™ 13MP AR1335 AF MIPI Jetson TX1/TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems™ USB Stereo Camera for NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Xavier™/TX2
- e-con Systems™ 2MP AR0230AT MIPI Jetson TX1/TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems™ 2MP SONY IMX290 MIPI Jetson TX1/TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems™ 13MP AR1335 MIPI Jetson TX1/TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems™ 3.4 MP AF AR0330 MIPI Jetson TX1/TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems™ 13MP AR1820 MIPI Jetson TX1/TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems™ 3.4 MP AR0330 MIPI Jetson TX1/TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems™ 3.4 MP AR0330 GMSL MIPI Jetson TX1/TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems™ NVIDIA Jetson TX2 cameras
- Allied Vision MIPI CSI-2 (one open-source CSI-2 driver for all cameras on Github.com)
- Allied Vision USB3 Vision
- APPROPHO TX1/TX2 Camera Solutions
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-OV5640 OV5640 M12 lens camera
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-OV5693 OV5693 camera
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-H2C HDMI to CSI2 board
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-H2C4K HDMI to CSI2 4K board
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-SDI SDI to CSI2 board
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-8eyes 4 or 8 cameras ADAS expansion board
- Aetina N620 nano-ITX carrier
- Auvidea J100 carrier
- Auvidea J106 carrier (6 camera)
- Auvidea J120 carrier
- Auvidea J130 carrier (4K input)
- Auvidea J140 dual-GbE carrier
- Auvidea J150 OpenGear blade
- Auvidea J200 carrier
- Avermedia EX731-AA carrier
- Avermedia EX713-AA carrier
- Bluetechnix Multi-ToF platform
- ConnectTech Sprocket carrier
- ConnectTech Orbitty carrier
- ConnectTech Spacely carrier
- ConnectTech Cogswell carrier
- ConnectTech Elroy carrier
- ConnectTech 3U VPX card
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-Lite carrier with eDP, CSI, DSI, MicroHDMI etc
- Gumstix Aerocore2 drone carrier
- Realtimes RTSO-9001 carrier
- Realtimes RTSO-9002 carrier
- Realtimes RTSO-9003 carrier
- Realtimes RTSS-Z5O3U enclosure
- Aaeon BOXER-8120AI enclosure
- Abaco GVC1000 enclosure
- ADLINK DLAP-201-JT2 enclosure
- Advantech MIC-720AI enclosure
- Axiomtek eBOX560-900-FL
- ConnectTech Rosie enclosure
- ConnectTech Rudi enclosure
- ConnectTech Astro carrier
- Curtiss-Wright Parvus DuraCor-312 rugged enclosure
- MiiVii S2 enclosure
- MiiVii EVO TX2 enclosure
- MiiVii EVO TX2 GMSL2 enclosure
- RapidProto Aluminum enclosure
- Rebotnix GUSTAV enclosure
- Silverstone PT13 mini-ITX system
- SMP Robotics T9 System enclosure
- Syslogic IPC/COMPACTA-2 TX2i enclosure
- Syslogic IPC/COMPACTA-2 TX2i enclosure (railway system)
- Syslogic RPC/COMPACTA-2 TX2i enclosure (IP67)
- Vision4CE CHARM-100 enclosure
- Auvidea J20 6-camera module
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-AUDIO Sound card expansion board
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-DSPK Digital speaker and MIC expansion board
- BeadaPanel USB Display+WiFi+Storage 3-In-1 Companion Kit
If you have a technical question or bug report, please visit the DevTalk Developer Forums and search or start a topic.
We summarize some useful topics in http://elinux.org/Jetson_TX2/TX2_Issue page.