Embedded Linux Engineer Job Vacancy
Job #32 - Support Engineer
Are you interested working with multiple embedded CPU architectures (ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, AToM) and System-on-Chip (SoC) processors? If you are the right fit with the following mix, join Timesys Corporation, US and explore Embedded Linux.
Job location :- Chennai, India.
- Experience in Linux Shell Programming (BASH).
- Strong understanding of Makefiles.
- Knowledge in various Linux subsystems – input, audio, storage, networking, etc.
- Experience in building Root File System (RFS) using build systems like buildroot.
Understanding of experienced developing / debugging on the following:
- Linux device drivers
- C/C++ multi-threaded, multi-process applications
- Applications based on Qt, Gstreamer, Alsa frameworks
- Knowledge in Version Control System
- Should be able to work independently & quickly understand the current system
- Systematic Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Self Initiative
- Team Work
- Tolerance of Ambiguity
- Experience with installation, configuration and customization of Fedora, Ubuntu, and/or Debian will be considered as an added advantage
- Knowledge in Python or Perl will be considered as an added advantage
- Knowledge of continuous integration systems will be considered as an added advantage
- Integrate, develop, and test features for Embedded Linux, such as: Boot-loaders
- Kernel support for various SoCs and development kits
- Kernel device drivers
- User space applications
- Integrate, debug and test development tools such as profilers, tracers, and debuggers
- Resolve tool installation and configuration issues by recreating issues and remote diagnosis
- Resolve customer issues escalated by support
- Should handle customer quires related to build
Job #47 - Lead Test Automation Engineer
Are you a test automation developer with a passion in Test Automation Development? Join Timesys Corporation, US and grow with us.
- Working closely with developers and other test engineers to understand the BSP development process
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and code reviewing automated tests that provide features/performance/sociability and regression test coverage for new and existing BSP features
- Implement, and execute test plans for new and existing features for a BSP such as Linux Test Project (LTP), POSIX testing, USB controller, SD/MMC controller, Touch screen controller, Clock Regime, DMA engines and I2C/SPI controllers, wireless networking, sensors, audio/video codecs, and 3D acceleration
- Automation of test cases using C, PERL, Python, or any other scripting languages
- Monitoring and debugging automated test failures and work closely with the development team to ensure problems are resolved at time.
You can apply, if you have...
- Bachelors or Masters in EEE, ECE, Embedded Systems or equivalent degree for Job #32 & Job #47
- Three or more years of experience with test automation for Job #47
- Good understanding of test methodology and test processes, including requirements collection, test plan development and execution for Job #47
- Good programming skills preferably in C, Perl, Python, TCL for Job #32
- Exposure to Linux application development or Kernel development for Job #32
- Basic knowledge on embedded Operating systems for Job #32 & Job #47
- Basic knowledge on ARM processors is a plus
- Elementary understanding of Linux is a pre-requisite for Job #32 & Job #47
- Basic understanding of web development is a plus for Job #32
- Good analytical and debugging skills for Job #32 & Job #47
- Testing any embedded devices is a plus for Job #47
- Effective communication skills and an ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment for Job #32 & Job #47
Kindly send your CV to email@example.com. Should you have any questions,
please feel free to mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com